Podcast 11: A New Commandment
How does Jesus love us? In the same way that He loves us, we are to love one another. This is the new commandment. John 13:34, “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, or by changing the order of the phrases; Just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. .” It is my hope that this episode will encourage us to look at Jesus and observe how he has loved us. Jesus is love in the flesh. He is the ideal example for each of to discover how to love each other.
- He denied himself and laid his life down for us.
- He served and washed His disciples feet.
- He built them up and taught them.
- Jesus is gentle and humble of heart.
- The Son of God is kind and forgiving.
- He prayed for His followers.
- Jesus promised to never leave or forsake His children.
- He came to save us and not condemn us.
- Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
- He bears our burdens and weeps when we weep
May our gracious God help us to fulfill the new commandment and love one another as He has loved us.