Podcast 5: Loved Unconditionally and Eternally
The best gift we can give our children, is to love them unconditionally. When they are loved like this, it prepares them to receive grace, or God’s unconditional love. But we can’t give what we have not received. So how do we experience this divine love and not leave our first love as did the Ephesian Church? Many of us have heard of God’s love so much that this expression has lost it’s power. So I am going to share how God made me know that He likes us. That He knows us intimately and still likes us.
There are two components that are important to understanding this important dynamic, His nature and His work. God is. He doesn’t change. He can’t change. He is the same, always. He is also love, and He is light.
- Malachi 3:6 I am the LORD, and I do not change.
- Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
- 1 John 1:5 God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
- 1 John 4:8 God is love.
This is His divine nature. We can bank on God being God forever. We are His workmanship. He is the one who gives value to our being.
- He designed and created us in His image.
- He adopted us and made us His children.
- We have value as a part of the body of Christ
- We are a temple of the Holy Spirit.
- He knows us intimately.
His love and affection, His eternal “like” never changes because He never changes and His work endures forever. He reveals this love in His word and then tells us to Abide in my love. John 15:9.
May God help us to live, abide, and dwell with the knowledge that we are liked and loved with an everlasting love! Amen.